Sweet & Sour Chicken
Ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Nicies Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Nicies ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Ingredients for the chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray. To make the sauce, whisk together sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic powder in a large bowl; set aside. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs. Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil. Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Top with sweet and sour sauce. Place into oven and bake until the sauce has thickened, about 55 minutes, turning over every 15 minutes to evenly coat the chicken.